Pages

Monday, February 11, 2008

Sore muscles from dreams

Last night I had a dream that I was going to soccer camp with everyone from my third grade soccer team. The weird/creepy thing was my brain filled in the 13 year gap from the last time I saw most of these people. (I haven't played soccer since 3rd grade)

I never got to relive a soccer game because I woke up shortly before the first whistle would've blown. However I ran drills, ran laps, and ran up and down this hill that we used to practice on behind the Bellefountaine Rec Center. The most awkward thing was an old friend of mine, that had a height problem (he was legally considered a midget) became the team doctor. He didn't know what he was doing, the coach (who I never saw, it was like Dr. Claw from inspector gadget or a Bond Villain) forced him into the doctor role. The only thing he was taught was how to check us for testicular cancer, and he checked all of us. I've never felt so embarrassed in my dreams and what does that say about my latent homosexuality?

Anyway I woke up with sore muscles. I did work out last night which is the most obvious reason, but the muscles that were sore felt very similar to how I would feel after a soccer game. I started thinking, could my mind possibly have tensed up certain receptors in my soccer playing muscles? Dreams are weird, they can affect how you feel when you wake up or cause you to wake up with cold sweats.

I got kind of tired mid-dream thought process so I'm going to move onto something a bit more nerdy. This morning I woke up early and beat Mass Effect for the Xbox. This game was touted as a "Space Opera" and took my about 25 hours to complete. It was epic. Because I beat it this morning, my gamer score finally creeped above 1,000 again. I'm about a third of the way to where I was before. So YAY!

No comments: