Pages

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Be Kind, Rewind

We just saw "Be Kind, Rewind." It's a movie by my favorite director, Michel Gondry, (Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and The Science of Sleep) about a man (Jack Black) who gets magnetized (I won't say how, its hilarious) and walks into the his regular hang out (a VHS rental store) and erases all of the tapes. The owner has left the store in the hands of his only employee who starts freaking out not wanting to get in trouble with his boss. How do they solve this dilemma? They film their own recreations of the customers favorite movies. The movie was hilarious and included remakes of movies like "Ghostbusters," "Rush Hour 2," "Driving Miss Daisy," and "The Lion King." It makes you laugh a lot and cry in all the right spots. I suggest seeing it.

Other than that the day has gotten cold and dreary. We bought a Mo-ped yesterday and rode it around all day. Thats right, we own 49.5 cc's of badass scooting action. We bought it as a cheap second form of transportation. It was under $1000, gets 90 miles to the gallon, and lasts for about 12,000 miles. The only problem with it so far is its given us motorcycle lust. Sal said it best, "I'm riding it and thinking that 45 mph is fun... but what if I was going 80."

I supposedly start some working this week, although my boss never got back to me on Friday as to where I go for restraining training, my drug test, and if fact I get to start this week. So we'll see how that turns out. We also finally named the second cat "Moeba" because he slides and contorts like he has no true form. Like an amoeba.

No comments: