Sallie is recovering quickly. She's able to walk at a decent pace, go up and down stairs, shower, etc. Her scar doesn't look like it'll be too bad either. Thanks for everything everyone sent and well wishes. Sallie really appreciated it.
We've been living on road food for the better part of... well since we moved into this house. It's either been BBQ or restaurants for about six weeks now. Tonight Sallie had an appetite and I was really wanting a home cooked meal. Everything I made tonight was experimental but turned out soooooo good. So I wanted to share the recipes. Its a good light, summer meal.
This meal has three items:
-Light Strawberry Vinaigrette Chicken
-Sweet Green beans
This is for 10-12 really small chicken strip breasts. Probably about a pound to a pound and a half.
1. Dump about 8-12 ounces of Balsamic Vinagerette into a bowl
2. Dice four strawberries into very small pieces, dump into bowl
3. Mix in a pinch of Jamaica Allspice and a healthy pinch of lemon pepper
4. In a container, mix the sauce and the chicken together. Make sure the chicken is coated.
5. Let sit for 4-6 hours.
6. BBQ until chicken starts to look a little dry. Trust me, its not. Its very juicy.
Sweet Green Beans
1. Cook about 2-4 slices of bacon until cripsy (I used turkey bacon, worked out great and was much better for you)
2. Dump a can of green beans into a sauce pan
3. Dice 1-2 roma tomatos into bite sized chunks, also add to sauce pan
4. Crunch up bacon into the same sauce pan
5. Add an eighth of a cup of brown sugar
6. Add a pinch of garlic powder and basil
7. Cook and stir for about 10 minutes
There's not much need for an explanation, but I found this combo works well.
1. Cut up a quarter of a water melon into manageable chunks
2. Cut half of a pineapple into similar sized chunks
3. Dice three small apples or two large apples
4. Halve almost a small container of strawberries
5. Drizzle a bit of orange juice on top and leave in the refrigerator for about 3-4 hours.
This was really easy to make and was soooo good. I really suggest it for days that are miserably hot.
3 years ago