Pages

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The Cat has been redeemed

So finally our new cat has come out to play... a lot.

I don't know if I explained this before, but for some reason unknown to me, I started calling the new cat Thomas, so we've just been calling him Thomas. Anyway, the cat is all up in my business now. If I'm playing videogames, he's rubbing all over my controller. If I'm typing, he's on the keyboard. (at one point he spelled "killll" which was kind of scary) Basically, if you're within 15 feet of him, he's rubbing all over you.

Another thing I've noticed is he seems to slide over everything. When's he's in complete pleasure mode his feet never touch the floor. He will lay on his back and slide across my lap, up onto my shoulder, and then down on the floor.

I blame catnip. I bought some for the cats the other night, thinking this will entertain me and get Thomas to quit hiding. How right I was. Now they tear the house apart, always running never cautiously, knocking things over, and their pupils are always dilated. For those of you who don't know, catnip's smell for some reason gives cats a high similar to a human's cocaine high. No scientists have figured out why it only affects cats and not dogs or humans, but it makes them go nuts.

On another note, I finally have a job interview at a place I'm pretty excited about. So hope and pray for me.

1 comment:

Becca said...

Jersey does the sliding thing too. We call it her "jello-kitty" move.