Pages

Friday, August 28, 2009

Call Me The Last Action Hero

Update on the detox: We are temporarily putting it on hold. This week has been so busy that we don't have time to spend hours a night preparing food. We also can't afford to stay on the diet. We spent $300 on 5 days worth of groceries.

We are going to probably stick with one or two meals from the plan a day. Just try to calm down on our eatings.

Today I took my first spill on the scooter.

I woke up early so I could go to Target and get the newest season of Scrubs on DVD. Its tradition that we drink hard alcohol and tear through a season in a night. So tonight, we are planning on doing that.

So anyway, I was riding on these back streets to get to work after going to Target and I hit a manhole cover that was wet. I skidded out like freakin Mission Impossible 2 completely sideways. (There is a picture representation of these events below.)

Then all of a sudden friction kicked in and the scooter flung to the other side and threw me through the air.

The miraculous part is this. The clumsiest person on the planet, Dan Story, went into the most graceful and awesome action hero role. I rolled across the street and somehow landed on my feet and went into a "I'm ready to take on some ninjas" pose.

A guy driving by on the other side of the street rolled down his window and screamed "Oh MY GOD! JESUS! You alright?" Then like 10 people came spilling out of the nearby restaurant all with cell phones in hand offering to call an ambulance. I told them "Nay, I can't afford a $2000 ambulance ride and somehow I escaped without a single scratch."

The scooter started right back up again and I drove away from my shame as fast as I could.

I'm glad I was wearing my helmet. I didn't hit my head or anything (I actually managed to not even break my Zune or cell phone that were in my pockets)but the amount of crap I would've gotten from these people would've been horrible.

I swear, if someone had their camera phone going I would've paid for the video. It was possibly the coolest thing I've ever done.

2 comments:

AuntL said...

PRICELESS.....You Better start checking out YouTube for the Video - LOL Glad your Safe, but completely know what you mean about thinking something so wild and stupid being sooo AWESOME at the same time.

Anonymous said...

that was the best comic i have ever seen drawn. I felt like i was there with you
-alann