Pages

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Detox: Day 3

Today was much less frustrating than yesterday.

I had my normal lemon water, tea, and fruit breakfast.

The thing that changed was for once I got a hot meal. For the first time since Monday, I got to eat something not room temperature or cold. It was some mung bean mash baby poo looking dish that had carrot chunks in it. It was better than it sounds. Then we had a side of brown rice.

Dinner was disappointing. Cucumber soup... that's cold. (Who the hell calls something cold soup?) Then some coleslaw that again contained every vegetable I hate. Cucumbers, scallions, sprouts,... blech blech blech.

My stomach has definitely shrunk. I was able to fit into my tight work pants today without issue. So even though its been awful, its worked. I could keep up with this, the only issue I had is how horrible some of the food is and how boring the other food is. We're only just now getting into the "real" (I use that term loosely) food calendar. So we'll see what that means.

My current goal is two weeks. If I can make it that far I'll be happy with myself and just can't let me eating get out of control. If I get to two weeks and decide that I don't miss Lion's Choice, pizza, General Tso's chicken, crab Rangoon, Chicken Cordon Bleu sandwiches, Traditional subs from Quiznos, Broccoli cheddar bread bowl from Panera...

No comments: