Pages

Monday, August 4, 2008

Where I've been

I've been neglecting both blogs the past week after bombarding everyone with one a day for a week. I've also been neglecting the phone a little. There are reasons for this.
The reasons for this neglect (at least for the phone) are A) even though we keep telling people that we don't have many daytime minutes, we are still getting too many calls everyday. Since there are some things that we have to answer more than others, I've refused to pick up calls unless I think they are an emergency. (That is until 7 oclock) Call twice in a row or text message if it is an emergency. But beware, don't cry wolf. I will stop answering completely.

B) Since Sallie and I are both unemployed we're getting to spend much needed time together. Since we were working opposite shifts, we had to spend the first six months of our marriage just missing each other. I was afraid that we would find out spending a ton of time together would ignite more arguments, but I don't think there's been many times where we have given each other problems since we've both had all day. So I mostly ignore my phone after 7 too because who knows if we will continue to be on the same schedule.

C) I've for the past day and tomorrow have been playing Metal Gear Solid 4. This is the only game (besides Resident Evil and Silent Hill) that I'm emotionally invested in the characters enough to drop everything to experience the story. The director and writer of Metal Gear wanted to get into movies originally, so its mostly a movie experience rather than a game. Therefore there aren't many places to pause or break. So if you call during a 45 minutes cutscene, I'm not going to answer, and will probably forget you called by the end of it. I'm sorry, that's just the skinny.

D) I just really don't like talking on the phone honestly. Its nothing against anyone, but I feel like I should be able to get more done while I'm on the phone. Next thing I know, I'm only saying "yeah, uh huh" and I'm cleaning the house or playing videogames not paying attention to anything you're saying. Thats just not fair to you or me.

If you really want to get ahold of me, call from a Sprint phone during the day, call my after 7 pm on Tuesday, or email me. I will answer your emails sooner than your calls. We will have up another joint blog in a day or two. We have a couple finished, but the other person has to add comments still. So get on our butts and we'll get one up.

No comments: