Pages

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I realized how old I'm getting the past two nights waiting for Sallie to get off work. I found myself extremely bored and tried to figure out what I used to do when I waited for her to get off work. Then I realized I used to catch up with people via the cell phone. During college I had anywhere from 7-10 A-list friends and 10-15 B-list friends I could call after Midnight. Now everyone has big people jobs and have to wake up in the morning. I even found myself missing when I called someone that had been drinking all night and didn't make an ounce of sense.

Tomorrow we are going to visit the In-law grandparents and I'm excited. Thus far, every visit we've had, 400 people have been surrounding everyone and I haven't really had a chance to get to know them.

Sallie and I often argue about this in party form. I hate going to parties where I don't know anybody. Sallie's argument is "you meet people there."That's true, but you're not really meeting that person. You're normally meeting the drunker incoherent alter-ego of this person. Then the next morning you both wake up on some beer and puke covered floor and just feel awkward, like you had done something dirty. In fact, it was just two drunk people talking like they were best friends.

I guess I understand why pot heads don't like to be surrounded by strangers when they are smoking. (You know, besides the whole what if they're a cop thing) You aren't yourself, they aren't themself, so why would you want to get to know an entity?

Anyway, that's going on tomorrow. I still haven't heard back from any potential places of employment. Hopefully we hear something soon. A recent study of how much different popular degrees make on average just came out. Guess what was on the bottom: English. Turns out not only did I pick a useless degree, but one of the MOST useless degrees.

No comments: