Pages

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Sh*ts and Shirts

Today was the day of "We're taking away your freedoms" at Wachovia. First we are told that there will be no more scheduled breaks in the morning. Then we were told that there's a chance the afternoon break could be capoot too.

Then our boss brought us into a conference room.

Boss:"Just wanted to warn everyone that there are people looking closely at numbers right now and people will get fired if they aren't behaving."
Me: "So what are the chances of us getting hired on full time?"
Boss: "Beyond the five slots they've opened... there are no talks of hiring."
Me: "Awesome!"

Came back to find my inbox filled with an email that said we are no longer going to get paid time off as a reward. Wells Fargo doesn't believe in it.

Basically they are taking the things that both companies don't believe in and throwing them our way. I fully expect Monday my chair will be missing because A.G. Edwards doesn't believe in sitting.

Beyond that "The Brotherhood of the Traveling Shirt" spoke too soon. Today, shoved through my tiny mail slot, was a gift. The member/founder of the Brotherhood called me only 18 hours too early. It would've been a good surprise.

Anyone that doesn't know what I'm talking about. GOOOD! I'll tell you about it when you're older.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I mailed that sucker over a month ago with no return address - was the envelope still intact? Or did the lottery ticket thieves WIN a Loot full or Money & decide that they didn't need your old Potato head - they can afford a new one? That is some major BS!!! Sh*ts & Shirts! Look up the culprits - there are 5 people listed at that address, but only one person listed with an actual Apt # or should I say letter "A" - When I had the Apt - the postal worker said they would not deliver mail to the apt unless that person's name was on the mailbox - so how the H did the Postal worker give the lottery thieves your mail - My guess - of all the tickets bought and all the losers I've heard - You most likely had the winning tickets - LOL So you lose tickets and Privileges - HEY Hey Hey here comes 2009!!! - Ahhh the American Dream