Pages

Monday, December 15, 2008

Spinning Past the Needle

Attention Everyone:

If anyone has an extra turn table, speakers, and amp laying around they want to get rid of please pass it my way. One night alone and I rediscovered my love for music, writing, lonliness, yearning... I want nothing more than to hear the needle scratch again a record right now and "Kiss Me Deadly" (Generation X) starts spewing from the speakers like in SLC Punk. Or maybe "Across the Universe" (The Beatles) calms me down. Perhaps "Where Did You Sleep Last Night" gives me chills all over again, like the first time I heard the CD.

I want to feel inspired and I think the lack of music in my life is a large cause of lack of inspiration. I'm becoming the stereotypical, boring husband. It shows. I'm often cranky, tired, and irritable. I was never like this before. Before I had two hour long runs with mixed tapes. I had a CD collection of over 600 constantly rotating around in the CD player. I was excited about the next concert I was going to attend.

Here are the top 10 Albums I would like to hear on Vinyl: (Not my top 10 albums)
1. Nirvana- Live in New York
2. The Clash- London Calling
3. Weezer- Pinkerton
4. Radiohead- The Bends
5. Social Distortion- Social Distortion
6. Against Me!- As the Eternal Cowboy
7.Elliott Smith- Elliott Smith
8.The Buzzcocks- Love Bites
9.Smashing Pumpkins- Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness
10. Hole- Live Through This

This is just what came to my head with current mood inspired by surroundings. Subject to change, but more than likely wouldn't.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I actually have the bends on vinyl and its pretty cool. I almost got in utero and nevermind but they were somehow $40 each. I've been looking around for mellon collie and have only found it on ebay for $150-400.