Pages

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Another day in the almost school

Yesterday was my first real rough day at my new job. Computers were going down, my administrator was stressed to the max, teachers were missing. I also was given the crap news that part of my Spring Break is getting cut into because I have training all next week from 9 in the morning until 5. Training that is meant as orientation for a job I've already worked at for two weeks. We are supposed to have next Friday off as the first day of Spring Break, but this training, since the school doesn't schedule it, goes into Friday. So while the other 8 teachers enjoy their 10 days off, I will be the only one in the building getting oriented at a place I've already figured out. Then I spent two hours talking to various customer service reps, tech support , and browsing FAQs about our software and internet explorer. Both of which aren't working right. I figured some stuff out after talking to customer service and ended up just downloading firefox, because frankly, its just much much better than Explorer.

Today was much better. Reports indicate that my one week with the program has yielded great results. Participation is up 30%, attendance up 15%, and grades up 25%. So all in all, it appears I'm doing a great job.

I have much more to talk about, but currently I'm disgustingly tired. So I promise, someday soon, I will properly update.

No comments: