Pages

Friday, January 25, 2008

The Top 10 Lists start

I watched the first Ghostbusters the other night and remembered how many awesome lines came from that movie. It's had me in a "top 10" state of mind. So for the next couple days I'm going to tackle my top 10 actors and actresses, videogames, videogame moments, and any other lists that might come to mind. Today, I will be providing my thousands of fans with my top 10 favorite lines from a movie.

10. "I can't fire them. I hired these guys for three days a week and they just started showing up every day. That was four years ago." from Rob Gordon in High Fidelity. This movie is smart and funny and is one of the few movies I can say is equal with the book. This line sums up three of the four main characters.

9. "It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything." by Tyler Durden in Fight Club. This was one line of about 100 from this movie that made me want to get rid of my apartment, drop out of school, and do what I want to do. Not only that, but its entertaining as hell.

8. "The only true currency in this bankrupt world... is what you share with someone when you're uncool." by Lester Bands in Almost Famous. I don't even need to say how amazing this movie is, but a secondary character (Lester Bangs) delivers some of the most poetic and beautiful lines.

7. "Ray, when someone asks you if you're a God, you say YES!" by Winston Zedimore in Ghostbusters. This moments after Gozer force lightnings the Ghostbusters almost off a roof top. This is the only movie I've allowed two spots on this list because quite frankly is deserves it. After twenty years it still holds up as one of the best movies of all time.

6. "They all have husbands and wives and children and houses and dogs, and, you know, they've all made themselves a part of something and they can talk about what they do. What am I gonna say? "I killed the president of Paraguay with a fork. How've you been?" by Martin Blank in Grosse Point Blank. An assassin goes back to his high-school reunion. Whoever pitched this screenplay was genius. The best part is, Martin Blank tells everyone he is an assassin and no one believes him.

5. "Clever Girl" from the Park Ranger in Jurassic Park. Surrounded by a group of raptors on the hunt. The Park Ranger had no prayer, only a shotgun. With his dying words he marvels in the deadly genius that is the veloci-raptor.

4. "Random thoughts for Valentine's Day 2004. Today is a holiday invented by greeting card companies to make people feel like crap." by Joel Barish in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind. This is one of the last movies I can remember that was powerful enough to make me cry without having to kill a major character.

3. "Get away from her you bitch!" spoken by Ripley in Aliens. When facing a 40 foot tall queen alien, Ripley still is scarier.

2. "Yippie Kay-ye muther f*cker." from John McClain in Die Hard. Then BLAM BLAM, German terrorists are dead. John freakin McClain is probably be the action star, because A) he's believable as a badass. He doesn't have bulging muscles. He usually just has his witty banter and a 9mm (or whatever weapondry he's removed from said terrorist.) He even shot a terrorist through himself in the newest Die Hard. I mean come on.

1. "Let's show this prehistoric b*tch how we do things down town!" from Peter Venkmen in Ghostbusters. This uttered only seconds before he delivers "Nobody steps on a church in my town. Toast 'em" Do I even need to defend how awesome this line is, I mean come on really.

Well thats the top 10 for today. You might agree, you might disagree, but I will defend any of my choices to the death. Tune in tomorrow for another list.

No comments: