Pages

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Taking the Long Way Home



I enjoy my line of work, but if I were to write a synopsis of what my job entails to an outside person, it would merely read: "I take the blame for other people not doing their job correctly, calm the customer down, and then fix the issue."

It's not a glorious job. I like it, because in the 35 calls I take a day, usually 30 of them are calls I can assist the customer immediately. It makes them feel good, which in turn makes me feel good.

Today was one of those days where everyone that calls in is just so upset they can't wait to blame you for all of their troubles in the world. Even when you offer a solution to their problem, they keep digging as to why it was a problem in the first place until it gets escalated to management.

It was refreshing to walk outside and feel decent, autumn kissed air. It was one of those nights where you crank the Foo Fighters up a little louder and take the long way home and by the time you get home, everything is alright again.

No comments: