Pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Locker Room

I joined the gym at my work last week. So far, I'm doing great. I've been able to run 4 miles on the treadmill with relatively low pain, I've dropped six pounds since I've started, and I'm generally feeling good.

Here's something I don't understand though, and ladies, this will be a little window into the male locker room.

Our locker room has extremely nice private showers and changing chambers. Still, there are about 5 guys at any given time that like to re-robe in the main area and wander around completely naked. Its just un-necessary right?

Like, I guess I can understand some of these guys are old school, have no shame, and are from a time when it was totally acceptable for a coach to congratulate you with a well placed slap on the behind.

Well that's all fine and good, except when there are four guys in a 6'X10' area and two of them are butt naked and blocking the entrance. Me and the two other guys desperately tried to not make eye contact with each other, knowing full well that escape might mean rubbing up against old, wrinkly, man-parts.

We took option 2, we pretended to adjust our ties and tie our shoes until the two old guys finally stopped chatting and hit the showers.

No comments: