Pages

Thursday, March 19, 2009

God hates Remote Access

Today I had what I thought was a hilarious/ironic/somewhat awkward issue at work.

I had a guy who for an hour I couldn't get connected remotely from home. It was the first time he tried and he had a corporate laptop.

I went through the normal do you have Google/Yahoo/MSN toolbar or Itunes installed. All of which block out remote access client.

After the "You sure?" "Yes, I'm sure." dance for a good 15 minutes and doing the reboot I remoted on his computer and found that he had a Christian Radio toolbar installed.

I started laughing. God can protect you from demons, guide you through life, perform miracles, and create entire planets, but he sure as hell won't let you remote into work from home.

Unfortunately the guy didn't think this was as funny as I did. I told him what went through my mind (almost word for word what I wrote above) and laughed a little. The guy sat in silence and said, "I don't get it."

"Sir, God in association with Christian radio, is blocking your remote access. We need to uninstall your Christian radio toolbar or you can't get in."

"That's ridiculous. I use that, I don't' want to uninstall it."

Essentially, instead of living the dream and getting to work from home, this guy refused to delete a direct link to mostly bad music. I guess I have to give him some props for sticking by his convictions, but if I could work from home, I'd not only delete my Christian radio toolbar, but I'd probably delete a cat.

No comments: