Pages

Sunday, October 5, 2008

New apartment and old toys

Sallie and I have decided its time to move out. So in two-three weeks, we are moving out of my mom's basement and into a sweet 1,000 square foot apartment a block from Tower Grove Park.

Really we just want some space of our own. We haven't had it in a while. Honestly, I just want to be able to play videogames while Sallie sleeps. I can't do that right now because our TV is only three feet from the bed in our sheet fort.

I was gathering all of our belongings today so we could see about how many car loads it might take to get everything from point A to B. Doing this I came across my two GIANT Star Wars toy boxes.

I don't remember the last time I was as excited as I was going through my boxes of happiness. (Apparently a mouse thought it was his personal box of happiness too and left do-do all over my toys in one of the boxes.)

I had entire card collections, all the micromachines, about two dozen of the action figures, and about two hundred dollars worth of toys I never took out of the packaging. That's right, no matter how much 1999 Dan wanted to play with Luke in his Dagobah Fatigues, he left the figure in there. 1999 Dan knew that the Hasbro figures with the orange lightsaber backing were the original rerelease run and are much rarer than the green lightsaber backed figures.

I have every intention of selling this one day for a ton of profit, but for right now 2008 Dan wants to play Boba Fett vs Darth Vader with 1999 Dan.

On top of all the rearranging I put about 20 items up on Ebay hoping to scrap together some "pay off debt" cash before we move. I'm trying to get my guitar amp up on Craigslist, but apparently my pictures made my ad too large... so instead of letting me delete one picture, it deleted everything I had written. Tomorrow I will get that up there.

No comments: