Pages

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Word of the day is... Intriguing

Well we finally did it. Matt joined our Podcast and besides the 1 hour of troubling sound issues and Neil's sound being really low compared to the rest of us, it came out really well.

If you want to listen/download go to our website (www.circuitjerk.com)

The site is coming together really well. It's something I would frequent the site often even if I weren't one of the authors.

Anyway, Sallie and I are counting down the day when we have our own place. Being able to get to work so quickly will be key in my future happiness. Assuming we get approved, the place we will be living is quite awesome. You will all have to come and see it.

My dad is moving to Phoenix this weekend. He's nervous and excited at the same time. I honestly don't think he knows what he's feeling right now. I don't think he'll know until he gets there. I'm glad he's doing something for himself though.

Work has been crazy. Obviously the stock market has been crashing day after day. Brokers are not happy. There's a fairly plausible rumor going around that if the deal for Wachovia goes the way it looks like it will, Wells Fargo will buy us. This is good for the Brokers, bad for the help desk. Apparently Wells Fargo has a home office help desk here in St. Louis already. More than likely they would cut us Wachovia folk before their own. So pray that I don't once again lose my job.

Sallie is finally getting some feedback from some of these places. It's been seemingly months since she's last heard from one of them. It just doesn't seem professional to keep a person waiting 6 weeks for a second interview. She's actually more excited about two other interviews she had this week, so screw them slackers... unless they're going to pay her mucho dinero. Then they are my best friends and I will invite them over for dinner.

On the gaming front... Sallie has been begging me to play this game Castle Crashers. We're going to break our month long "Him VS Her" silence with this one I think. I've been playing this game called Silent Hill. It's destroyed my life because its so freakin' hard. I actually started the game over on easy.

We're currently watching a movie called "Winter Passing." It's pretty good so far. Basically its about this coke-head girl is approached by a publishing company. They want to buy her father's memoirs. (He's a famous author) She goes back home to get them and finds that he has two new room mates. (Both strange, but one of them is Will Ferrell so you know they are awesome.)I'm a bit more than half way through the movie and I can't help but remain intrigued.

Today I got a random Wikipedia article about the radical left-wing group called "The Weathermen." Its an intriguing article with a lot of even more intriguing links. I suggest if you have time to burn and want to read about the radical anti-war movement of the late 60s, read it.

So basically I've got two fun filled moving weekends ahead of me. Hopefully work doesn't destroy me in between. Once we have our place, we are considering having some sort of housewarming party.

No comments: