Pages

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Royal Rumbles and Mopeds

I've been riding the moped for about a week now and I have to say it usually puts me in a pretty good mood before work. I guess its just the pure touch of the sun to my skin that I honestly don't ever get anymore.

Monday, the first day I had to ride the moped to work, obviously has to be pouring ran from the heavens. I didn't think it was going to be so bad, so I threw on an extra jacket and took off. Turns out, even when only going 35-40 mph, rain feels like piercing needles when it hits your eyes. The jacket did nothing except soak water into my work shirt. All day long, I was wet.

Tuesday: I woke up a bit earlier to check the weather situation. I figure if its really bad I can walk to work with an umbrella and at least not be wet all day. The weather was cloudy, but not really doing much. So I sat down and had a big bowl of Cheerios and worked out. I hopped on the moped, got around the corner, and saw a bolt of lightning streak across the sky. Rain fell as one giant wall on me and again I ended up being soaked for most of the day. At least this time I wore sunglasses to protect my eyes.

The rest of the week went smoothly. It was a little hot at times, but didn't feel like it as long as I was in motion. I think the moped will work out.

Tonight I hosted the Royal Rumble BBQ. Basically a bunch of us got together for BBQ and watching old late 80s early 90s WWF Royal Rumbles. We screamed at the screen, cheered for our favorites, and made fun of some of the horrible things the WWF tried to pull. All in all I think it was successful. At least the two Hickles passing out during the events means it was at least somewhat successful. I guess we'll have to see how they feel when they wake up in the morning.

As for me, I booted everyone out around 11:30, cleaned up all the party, cleaned myself, and logged onto the internet for the first time today to give everyone this, my gift, my blog.

Anyway, its time to go to bed now.

Peace, love, and empathy

1 comment:

Aunt L said...

PRICELESS!!!! If I could make this huge I would, because that BLOG was PRICELESS!!!!