Pages

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Quick Update

I haven't been blogging lately mostly because I've just been so busy. I went from having all the free time in the world when I was unemployed (where you all had about 5 blogs a week to read) to having an hour and a half before bedtime every night. I now understand why people have never blogged as much as me.

I've also been so tired I haven't had much to say. This posting will be no different. It literally will just be a quick update on life.

Sallie and I are going to finally start having a little teetering of money here and there. Her paychecks are coming in, in full force. Granted, we still have a couple weeks of paying off our moving/unemployment debt, but we'll be able to struggle along a bit more comfortably.

We aren't getting to spend time together still. I work from 7a.m.-4:30 p.m. most days and she works from 10:45 a.m. until 8:30 p.m. Essentially we spend the car ride to my work, and the hour and half after Sallie gets home hanging out. Which is why we've turtled up on the weekends again. We often opt to have a good dinner and some wine by ourselves than going out and having a drink with friends. Is this horrible?

I finally spent the rest of my birthday gift certificates to Best Buy today. I got Scrubs season 7 on DVD, Fifa 09 for the Xbox, and Left 4 Dead for Xbox. For those of you who don't know, Left 4 Dead is the ultimate zombie apocalypse survival game I've always wanted. Those gift certificates have really gone far.

The website has been going fairly well. Neil and I keep new content up constantly. I recently did an essay on Windows 3.1 and a review on the movie Smart People. After a two week hiatus, Matt, Neil, and I recorded a podcast. I don't think that'll be posted until Monday.

Check out that content at www.circuitjerk.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that sucks that you guys don't get to see each other much.i remember when me and becca went through that. Just make sure that when you guys are together that you make it some quality time.Ya know, no tv no distractions just you two and a converstion. -alann