Pages

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The After Vacation Gut

After two mini-vacations, its time for me to get back to working out.

After eating out most meals, drinking beer to wash down that food, and generally lazying about, I've gained weight. I'm not sure how much, but I don't want to know. I think I'm probably hanging out around 215. My goal weight has been 190-195, which was my high-school weight.

Today, I've cut back on food. I worked out in the morning and am getting ready to work out again tonight.

I also spent all day in an office without air conditioning. That means when its 97 degrees and miserable outside, its about 103 with the computer running in the office. I'll admit, I took a large amount of calls today without a shirt on. Can't wait for winter... I hope it snows so much we have to start using the metric system to make sense of how many meters of snow there are.

So I'm eating less, working out, and sweating all the toxins out all day. That's a pretty good strategy for losing my vacation weight and to be able to wear something besides sweat pants. Yeah, feeling pretty good.

The thing is, I'm STARVING right now. I don't need food. I've still had about 2,000 calories today, but I'm used to having huge rich meals at least twice a day. All I can think about is how much I could eat five Taco Bell tacos right now. Yeah, that's right, five tacos. I would eat the crap out of them. With double hot sauce and probably some sour cream.

Sallie needs to get home ASAP so we can go for a run and I can occupy my mind. Maybe I'll wear myself out enough to fall asleep. I think if I can eat like a normal person for the next few days, I'll be back to normal appetite by the weekend.

No comments: