Pages

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Conquered Betches!

I did, actually did it. 13.1 miles. With all the zigzagging I did, it was properly closer to 14 miles.

First some thanks:

-Wifey - For forcing me to run a bit faster than I would've for the first four miles.
-Gu - This amazing invention of high fructose corn syrup, vitamins, and sugar really helped me get through the race.
-Foo Fighters - Dave Grohl's voice and the power guitars of the Foo Fighters pushed me through miles 5-12.
- The girl that most definitely broke her ankle around mile 6. I'm sorry it happened to you, but knowing that I wasn't having the worst marathon out of anyone really helped.
- 11 AM. I kept saying this time in my head over and over again because I knew that if I weren't already home, I would be on my way home by then. It's a good time of day.

Some things I don't like:
-4:40 am. The time I dragged myself out of bed. I hate it. There were stars out still.
-37 degrees - This is the temperature we hung out in for an hour before the race.
-The hill around Hwy 370. That hill sucked. Seriously.

I finished the race in 2:33:56. A bit quicker than the 2:45 I had estimated and hoped for. Sallie killed me. She finished around 2:12:00. Here's where I raced:

http://www.fleetfeetstlouis.com/lewisandclarkmarathon/course.htm

I don't know if I would do another half. I would need to be in much better shape. I would probably do anything under 10 km. We'll have to see through. Sallie plans on doing this much much more often.

1 comment:

salstory said...

It was really fun to run and laugh about stuff with you for the first few miles.