Pages

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Eye-Witness News

Recently there were two insane news stories about eyes that I just feel I should say a few words on.

First off is this little story.

http://www.reuters.com/article/pressRelease/idUS187821+16-Sep-2009+BW20090916

A blind person essentially was given her eyesite back by taking one of her teeth and part of her jaw, sticking a camera on the end of the tooth, letting it grow together for a while, and then implanting it on her eye.

I found photos earlier and they are worth tracking down.

This is one step closer to the Matrix. These doctors had to take camera wires and attach them to parts of the brain responsible for sight. Think about the crazy things we'll be able to do in mere decades. I might actually get a chance to download stuff directly to my brain.

The second story is this one.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/TECH/ptech/09/11/wired.digital.contacts/index.html?iref=newssearch

Basically a contact lense that will allow you to see vital signs. Sounds to me like we're one step away from a cyborg eye.

Several ways in which I would like to use this contact:

1. When interogating people. I would like to see the other person's vital signs. See if their heart starts racing or zone in on their body to see if there's a nervous twitch. I would tell them I knew they were lying. No sir... they tried lying to me. I'm going to make them sweat it out as long as I can.

2. Keep my enemies in check. Ever feel like you're walking down an alleyway and someone is watching you, waiting to pounce. With this contact you could immediately pull up the outline of live beings possibly even register what sort of weapon they are carrying. That way you can go into any situation knowing what sort of martial arts you're going to have to use to beat their butts.

3. Covert operations. I don't know who for or what I'll be doing, but I sure as hell will be pulling up nightvision and thermal vision at will. There won't be any compound that could keep me out.

And to think... I was excited about possibly getting Lasik.

No comments: