Pages

Sunday, June 5, 2016

Hotel Life

Sal left not too long ago. It sucked. It definitely highlighted how tired I am of the hotel life.

I'm getting irritated at not being able to cook whatever I want to, when I want to.

I'm tired of hearing the AC unit kick on and off every 90 seconds.

I'm getting tired of the TV that always defaults to HLN, turns itself off on an auto-timer after 2 hours, and has sound going up and down while you're watching.

I'm getting really tired of paying $20 for 2 mbps internet and not being able to stream stuff from my favorite website.

I'm tired of listening to music from my phone speakers.

I'm just tired and I know Sal is too.

It especially hit when I got an email reminder of a few things I would need to get from Amazon to work from home. I was supposed to be able to go back to St. Louis this week, but some in person meetings were booked. I'll unfortunately be up here for the full 9 weeks. Only 4 to go.

Sal and I had a good time.

We sort of made up for all the time apart and did probably too much while she was here.

It's a shame that I'm feeling so tired of being here because the weather today is about perfect. 68 degrees, nice breeze, enough cloud cover to not burn, but enough sunshine to feel the warmth.

Only 29 days until I sleep in my own bed again. It's a mantra I repeat to myself every time I'm feeling lonely, frustrated, and isolated.

Hotel life definitely loses that glamour when you're living in a room for more than a couple days.

No comments: